September 19, 2018
, PureTech Systems
Video Analytics and Geospatial Features Combine to Automatically Dispatch a Drone to an Alarm Location
PHOENIX, Ariz. — PureTech Systems has announced its latest capability, which provides for automated dispatch of a security drone to an alarm location. The alarm can originate from sensor sources capable of providing a location including PureActiv geospatial video analytics, radar, acoustic buried/fence sensor, UGS, access control, contact alarm, and user input. High resolution cameras, excellent stabilization measures, lighter materials and better battery life have combined to make drones efficient surveillance platforms. PureTech System’s has leveraged these technology advancements along with its industry leadingvideo analytics and flagship geosptial management system to provide automated security response that includes drone dispatch, flight path guidance to the alarm location, continuously updated drone location and camera Field-of-View on the GIS map, and live video from drone mounted cameras.
PureTech Systems’ dispatch-drone-to-alarm feature, shown here with The Perimeter™ drone from Skyfront, provides for automated dispatch of a surveillance drone to an alarm location with subsequent remote target detection and tracking.
Key features of the Dispatch-Drone-to-Alarm include:
- Takeoff / Return – Fully automated drone start, take off and return.
- Flightpath Guidance – Automatic upload of waypoints to direct the drone to the event location. The integration also allows for flight plan changes and waypoint additions after initial dispatch.
- Live Video – Live streaming video to the PureActiv geospatial video management system (VMS) during all stages of the mission. Full support of both visible and thermal camera feeds, including recording, playback and forensic review.
- Target Detect & Monitor – Automatic drone stand off distance and altitude calculation for fixed camera payloads to ensure view of target, as well as the ability to maintain target in the camera field of view via drone heading control.
- PTZ Control – If outfitted, remote PTZ control in hover mode.
- Drone Position Tracking – Drone location tracking and route display on map-based VMS.
- Drone Status Indication – Operator display of real-time drone status and health condition.
“Recent technology advanced have made drones a very attractive security surveillance tool, providing an additional layer of automation, detection and response,” notes Eric Olson, PureTech Systems vice president of marketing. “This integration, allowing for the automatic dispatch of a drone or UAV to a security event, is the first step in what we envision to be a robust technology roadmap, utilizing PureTech Systems’ patents related to airborne operation and detection from moving platforms, our know-how in sensor integration, use of geospatial methods, deep learning and further evolution of drone technology to bring remote security and automation to the next level.”
The first integration was performed with The Perimeter™, a hybrid gas-electric multicopter drone from the company Skyfront. The Perimeter, which boasts a record-breaking five-hour endurance and 100+ mile range, will be featured with PureTech Systems’ dispatch-to-alarm capability at customer demonstrations taking place concurrent with this release.
“The combination of the Perimeter drone and PureActiv video management system is a cost-effective, scalable, and fundamentally better way to secure very large installations. Property owners can have eyes on the ground at the site of a breach, miles away, in less than five minutes. We look forward to demonstrating this solution to customers with PureTech Systems,” says Troy Mestler, CEO of Skyfront.
About PureTech Systems® PureTech Systems Inc. is a manufacturer of wide-area perimeter surveillance software solutions including internally developed outdoor video analytics, multi-sensor integration and a map-based (real object size) command and control. It is offered to fortune 1000 firms, petro-chemical, water and electric utilities, seaports, airports and federal, state and local governments. With headquarters in Phoenix Arizona, PureTech Systems serves national and international markets.
To find out more about PureTech Systems Inc. visit our website at www.puretechsystems.com or contact Eric Olson at 602-424-9842, Eric.Olson@PureTechSystems.com or Twitter @PureTechSystems.